Emerging Leader Award
Transition to independence is one of the most challenging and critical stages in the career of a research scientist. This award is established to encourage and support emerging investigators who are at the stage of building independent careers in our disciplines in Australia and New Zealand. The award will be an imprimatur of scientific accomplishment. The principal criteria will be the quality of the candidate's research and evidence of ability to sustain an independent career.
The ANZSCDB Emerging Leader Award 2018 awardee was Michael Piper, University of Queensland.
To view/read the interview with MIchael, please click here
Past Award Winners:
- 2017 - Archa Fox
- 2016 - Ben Hogan, University of Queensland (Interview)
- 2015 - Brett Collins, University of Queensland
- 2014 - Ian Smyth, Monash University
- 2013 - Natasha Harvey, CCB/SA Pathology, University of Adelaide
- 2012 - Aleksandra Filipovska, University of Western Australia
- 2011 - Dagmar Wilhelm, University of Queensland
- 2010 - Kat Gaus, University of New South Wales
- 2009 - Kieran Harvey, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre and Ruth Arkell, Australian National University
- 2008 - Sally Dunwoodie, Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute
Candidates must be financial members of the ANZSCDB for at least one year and have been in an independent position for less than or equal to 10 years.
Candidates must be nominated by two members of the Society (each of at least 1 year's standing). Candidates may self-nominate, but their nomination must be seconded by a letter from two Society members.
* Please submit your nominations to the President (Sharad.Kumar(at)unisa.edu.au by Monday 21st May 2018. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure the nominee is aware of the nomination and is able to attend Combio in Sydney 23-26 2018.
Candidates should submit:
- a current CV
- a list of selected publications (10 max) that best exemplify their contribution to their chosen field of research
- a brief Executive Summary of career accomplishments and research goals (2 pages max)
The successful candidate will receive an award, and deliver a symposium talk at COMBIO (the Prize includes: Combio registration, travel, one night’s accommodation and the Society’s dinner).
Close of Application
Please send application materials to President, Sharad Kumar.